Come join us at BEWiSynbra RAW situated in Kilpilahti industrial area in Porvoo as a Product Specialist. In this new position, you will work with developing the EPS (Expandable Polystyrene) product and participate in setting down future guidelines regarding product development at BEWiSynbra RAW.
We are looking for a fairly recently graduated chemist MS.c or possibly Ph.D to develop their skills further and grow into a professional
Product Specialist, EPS
- You will focus on EPS raw material product development and participate in setting down the guidelines for BEWiSynbra RAW’s product development.
- Key responsibilities include developing EPS’s recyclability, sustainability, fire safety, insulation capabilities and other product properties in suspension and extrusion processes.
- You collaborate with other BEWiSynbra Group units, such as recycling company BEWiCircular and downstream clusters in different countries. Co-operation with universities and external research institutions is an important part of your work.
- Monitoring associated patents and staying alert of the research related to your work for example by attending relevant seminars will also be part of your daily job
- You will also have the chance to participate extensively in the product development function at a Group level and actively share product development data throughout the organization.
What we offer
- An opportunity to make a difference by developing more sustainable ways of using EPS and a possibility to have an impact on the well-being of the environment through your work.
- Freedom to develop and innovate in Porvoo comprehensive pilot and laboratory facilities.
- An excellent framework for professional development and an opportunity to work with top experts.
- As an organization, BEWiSynbra Group offers you interesting career opportunities in a development-oriented and international environment.
Keys to success
- Relevant academic degree, preferably in the field of Polymer Chemistry
- Some experience or / and strong interest in product development
- Enthusiasm towards working with ecological and recycling related issues and a desire to develop the features of EPS concentrating on sustainability
- Innovative and creative approach to problem-solving and developing
- Excellent networking and interaction skills
- Fluency in English
- Other language skills are considered as an advantage
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the position, please contact Consultancy Director Janne Metsä, +358 40 090 9927. We hope to receive your application by November 17th, 2019.
Position closed on
As one of the largest producers and product developers of EPS & XPS products in Europe, BEWiSynbra Group manufactures a wide variety of packaging solutions and insulation products. BEWiSynbra Group provides the entire supply chain from raw materials to finished products. Thermal insulation products are made for construction industry whilst packaging solutions serve customers in multiple industries such as food packaging, e-commerce and pharmaceutical sectors. BEWiSynbra RAW Porvoo focuses on manufacturing EPS raw material, which is shipped to BEWiSynbra downstream sites or external customers where the raw material is converted into a wide range of insulation and packaging products. BEWiSynbra Group operates in six different countries with 28 plants and a total of more than 1,300 employees.