Quality Control & Service Engineer
Since the market is growing fast and Sammet Dampers is aspiring to speed up its international growth, we are now looking for
Quality Control & Service Engineer
This is a unique opportunity to be a key contributor in exciting growth story with compelling, high-end products. As a Quality Control & Service Engineer you will ensure that product fulfills all quality standards and specifications. You will work together with suppliers and end-clients as required to ensure good product, documentation and service quality is maintained.
- Conducts workshop inspections in accordance with project requirements, codes and standards. These inspections could include: pre-fabrication meetings; in-process inspections; witnessing factory acceptance test; Q.C. documentation reviews; final inspections, and/or; pre-shipment inspections. Inspections may include welding inspections, dimensional examinations, equipment test drives, coating examinations and Non-Destructive Testing or oversight of testing by suppliers or other third parties
- Participate and supervise commissioning and inspections at site, shipyard or vessel
- Determines any non-conformances, participates in corrective actions, and ensures appropriate resolution and documentation occur
- Prepares, reviews and/or generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation as required in the performance of the work including identifying and assessing improvement opportunities and distributes appropriately
- Coordinates travel schedule with suppliers and client representatives in support of project schedules and suppliers’ fabrication/testing schedules, to maximize inspection efficiencies.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Technician’s or bachelor’s degree in technology or other adequate knowledge.
- An ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in the use of quality inspection techniques and welded constructions.
- Fluent communication skills in English, Finnish is a benefit.
- Work consists mostly of international duties and travelling, also with short notice. Longer assignments upon agreement.
- The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, displays professionalism and has well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to read technical drawings and documents, comprehend specifications and tolerances, read dial indicators and digital gages, compare results with specifications and record test data. Communication with engineers, technicians and production personnel as necessary.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work on platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements. May be required to work in close, confined spaces. Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime or weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
For further information, please contact Quality Manager Kimmo Minkkinen (tel. +358 50 546 1617 / firstname.lastname@example.org) on Wednesdays between 8-10 am or Personnel Group. Area Manager Terhi Tuukkanen (tel + 358 50441 66 58 / email@example.com).
Personnel is our partner in this recruitment. Please apply (CV and personal letter in English) via www.personnel.fi, latest 27.10.2019. We will fill the position immediately after finding the right candidate.
According to agreement
Jyväskylä, Turku, Helsinki tai Tallinna
Based in EU and China, Sammet is the global market leader in Industrial Dampers. Our Clean Flow damper systems are developed for the benefit of our partners and environment, ensuring maximum energy efficiency and reliability. Sammet is part of Addtech, a publicly listed, Swedish technology trading group with over 2,600 employees. Our offices are in Jyväskylä, Turku and Helsinki. We also have a new factory in Shanghai, China. Our team consists of 85 professionals. QC Engineer will work from one of the Finland offices or Estonia.