To strengthen our CMC Innovation group we are seeking to hire to our Centre of Excellence in Äänekoski Finland
to provide advanced analytical support for CMC business. The Research Scientist will carry out analytical requests, report findings and draw sharp conclusions based on analytical data. Key function of the position is to develop analytical capabilities to further deepen our application knowhow and CMC structure function understanding. In this position the Research Scientist will participate in new Product, Process and Application development projects. Close collaboration with all Innovation teams and CMC Sales & Marketing team globally are part of the daily tasks. Degree of Food Science / Food Engineering / Food Chemistry and work experience in Food Industry are seen as benefits for the applicant.
From the applicant we expect:
- Minimum Master´s degree of Analytical Chemistry (Ph.D. degree is seen as a plus)
- Degree of Food Science/Food Engineering/Food Chemistry and work experience in Food Industry are seen as a plus
- Experience of Chemical Analysis Techniques and Instruments including method development (Chromatography and Spectroscopy most important)
- Strong theoretical knowledge of Chemical Analysis, Chromatography, Spectroscopy and Traditional Analysis Techniques
- Strong knowledge of Chemistry (e.g. Organic, Inorganic, Synthetic, Applied and Physical Chemistry)
- Understanding of Chemistry on variable scales and ability to convert theoretical knowledge to new product innovations
- Good knowledge of Rheology
- Good communication, interaction and team working skills
- Project management skills
- Strong can do attitude
For further information please contact CP Kelco, Innovation Director Marko Kanniainen, tel. +358 40 759 3108 or starting August 14, 2017 Product R&D Manager Pirkko-Leena Hakkarainen, tel. +358 40 759 3148. CVs and applications are sent via www.personnel.fi by August 25, 2017.
Position closed on
According to a contract
CP Kelco is the innovation leader in the production of polysaccharides by microbial fermentation, extraction from land and sea plants, and modification of cellulose-based raw materials. CP Kelco’s goal is to be the preferred partner for providing innovative products and solutions through the use of nature-based chemistry. CP Kelco has continuously strived to provide product innovation and outstanding service to our global customers. With the support of our employees, CP Kelco has become a dynamic, globally-directed and customer-focused company.
CP Kelco’s plant in Äänekoski produces carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC). It is the biggest CMC plant in the world and its history spans over 70 years. CMC is used in variable applications such as paper, mining, oil field, detergents and food/beverage.
CP Kelco offers international working environment and good possibilities for personal and professional development. CP Kelco is owned by J.M. Huber Corporation. More about the company at www.cpkelco.com.